How To Repurpose Your Candle Vessel
To clean your vessel and discard remaining wax, follow these steps.
1. Bring a pot of water that's about half of your candle vessel to a simmer. Place your candle inside the pot for 5-10 minutes, liquifying the wax in your candle.
2. Turn off the heat once it’s liquified. Use an oven mitt or something similar to remove the candle vessel from the pot. Discard the liquid wax in the trash can - never the sink!
3. Carefully remove the wick clip with your oven mitt still on and any other remaining pieces in the vessel.
4. Give the vessel a good wash with warm soapy water to remove all wax residue. Dry completely.
If you have a wax melter or wish to use the remaining wax, follow these steps.
1. Place your vessel in the freezer for a few hours.
2. Remove excess wax with a butter knife and set aside wax for later use.
3. Use acetone and paper towel to remove any residue.
4. Wash with warm soapy water and dry completely.